ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND FRAME RULES
1. This class is open to all front wheel drive (FWD) 4 cylinder cars.
a. No pick-ups, SUV's or convertibles.
b. No four-wheel drive cars.
2. All the frames, sub frames, firewalls, floor boards, and trunk floors must remain
3. All suspension and suspension mounting points must remain oem/stock for make,
model and year of car.
4. Must have a complete oem/stock factory body.
5. must have a non-turbo, non-supercharged 4-cylinder engine that came from the
manufacture with that engine in it. (No engine swaps- ford in a ford- dodge in a
SUSPENSION AND STEERING RULES
1. All suspension components and mounting points must be oem/stock.
2. All steering components and mounting points must be oem/stock.
3. Quick release steering wheel with a safety pad is recommended.
SHOCKS AND SPRINGS
1. All shocks and struts must be mounted in stock/factory position and be oem/stock
2. All springs must retain oem/stock diameter and length and mount in stock/factory
1. The oem/stock trans/axle for that make and model must be used.
a. the trans/axle may be locked.
2. The rear axle must be oem/stock factory for that make and model.
1. Must have a complete six-point roll cage.
a. all six mounting points must be welded to a 6" x 6" x 3/16" plate and bolted or
welded to a safe and secure part of the floorboards.
b. 1.5-inch diameter and .095 wall thickness tubing will be the minimum allowed.
c. The track reserves the right to drill a test hole at any time.
d. Cage must have 3 door bar on each side.
e. Driver’s side door bars must have a minimum of 2 vertical bars tying them
together and to the frame rail.
f. The cage must have 2 cross bars one below and one above the windshield
opening. (side to side)
g. The cage must have 1 one-inch vertical bar down center of windshield area.
h. The cage must have 2 rear cross bars (side to side). The top one must be 2 inches
above drivers’ head and the one in the middle should be at top door bar height.
i. The cage must have three roof bars (front to rear) one on each side and one
in the middle area. These bars must clear drivers head and leave room to
extract driver thru roof.
j. The cage must have 2 rear down posts from the top rear cross bar down to the
rear frame rails.
k. Any roll cage the track determines as unsafe will not be allowed to compete.
1. Must have a complete oem/stock factory body.
a. no sharp edges.
BUMPERS AND NERF BARS
1. All bumpers must be oem/stock factory type bumpers.
a. All bumper ends must be capped or turned in with no sharp edges.
2. All cars must have tow hooks on front and rear.
3. No cow catchers or severely over built bumpers allowed.
4. Nerf bars will be allowed between the front and rear tires only.
They must be flush with the body and have a maximum dia. of
1.5 inches with all ends turned in and capped. NO SHARP EDGES
SEAT AND INTERIOR
1. A Aluminum seat is mandatory, minimum .095 thick.
a. Seat must be a high back.
b. Seat must be bolted in with a minimum of six 3/8-inch diameter bolts. (4 in bottom and 2 in back)
c. Seat must be bolted to frame or roll cage.
2. Car must have a 5-point racing seat belt harness and mounted properly.
a. Harness must be bolted to frame of roll cage with at least 3/8-inch diameter
3. All bars in drivers contact area must be covered with roll bar padding. (no pipe insulation)
4. Window net is mandatory and the driver must be able to open it from the seat.
5. All pedals must be in stock location in drivers’ compartment. (no hand clutch etc.)
6. Driver must be protected by a sealed front and rear firewalls and both sidewalls made with a minimum of 20-gauge steel or .080 aluminum.
7. The ignition switch must be clearly marked on/off.
8. A master kill switch is mandatory and should be placed where the driver and safety personnel can reach it. Must be clearly marked on/off.
9. A fuel shut off is mandatory and should be placed where the driver and safety personnel can reach it. Must be clearly marked on/off
13. If battery is mounted in drivers compartment it must have metal top strap and bolted to floor.
a. Must be in a marine type battery box.
1. Must have oem/stock factory operable 4 wheel brakes.
2. No aftermarket master cylinders.
3. No balance bars or remote adjusters of any kind.
1. All cars must weigh a minimum of 2200 pounds after racing with driver and no
allowance for fuel or water.
2. All bolt on lead or added weights must be securely mounted, brightly painted and
have car number on it.
3. Any car losing a weight during a race will be disqualified.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Any oem/stock factory steel wheel will be allowed.
a. 7-inch maximum width
b. No aftermarket racing wheels.
c. Centers may be reinforced.
d. No Beadlocks.
2. DOT TIRES ONLY. (NO RECAPS)
a. No winter or mud tires of any kind.
b. All season passenger tires are permitted.
c. All tires must be approved by track officials.
1. The engine must be a 4 cylinder and came from the manufacture in the make and
model of that it is in.
a. No superchargers or turbos allowed.
2. Any oem/stock factory exhaust manifold will be allowed.
(No Aftermarket header)
3. Exhaust pipe maximum diameter is 3-inches.
4. A muffler is mandatory.
FWD ENGINE CLAIM FEE IS $2100.00 Cash
(see Claim Rules for Details)
1. The stock carburetor, fuel injection, throttle body for that make and model must be used.
1. Gasoline only, NO alcohol.
2. All fuel lines and fittings must be of a approved type.
3. The gas tank can remain stock if it is ahead of the rear axle and double strapped.
4. If stock tank is behind the rear axle it must be removed.
5. All replacement tanks/cell must be mounted safely and securely in the trunk area.
6. A fuel cell with a maximum capacity of 12 gallons is recommended but a boat tank with a maximum capacity of 8 gallons will be allowed.
7. A fuel shut-off switch/valve is mandatory and must be in reach of driver and safety personnel and clearly marked fuel on/off.
1. All Ignition components must remain oem/stock type as per car.
a. The ignition switch may be replaced with aftermarket switch.
1. The exhaust manifold must remain oem/factory stock as per car.
2. All exhaust pipes cannot be larger than 3-inches in diameter.
3. Mufflers are mandatory and the exhaust cannot run thru drivers’ compartment.
4. Exhaust must exit behind driver.
1. Any radiator will be allowed.
a. Must be mounted in factory/stock location.
2. Any cooling fan will be allowed but must be approved by track officials.