ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND FRAME RULES
1.This class is open to any American or foreign made 4-cylinder rear wheel drive car or truck.
a. No convertibles, or 2 seater sports cars.
b. No four-wheel drive, front wheel drive or independent rear suspension cars allowed.
c. Must be front engine car or truck only.
d. Must have a factory minimum wheelbase of 94-inches.
2. All cars/trucks must maintain stock/factory wheelbase. (+ or - 1-inch)
3. Cars with stock/factory unibody with full floor boards and firewalls will receive a weight allowance (see weight rule)
4. Cars with fabricated/aftermarket chassis must use stock/factory front strut
tower and cross member.
a. The front and rear clips must be centered on the middle roll cage section.
b. No offset chassis
c. All fabricated frame rails must be 2x3x0.095 wall minimum.
5. Must have complete six-point roll cage. (see roll cage rules)
6. The engine can not be set-back any further than the center of the engines second cylinder back to the center of the lower ball joints with the car at ride height.
7. Must have a complete body and must resemble a factory body (see body rules)
8. Body must be centered over frame.
SHOCKS AND SPRINGS
1. Any non-adjustable steel body shock will be allowed.
a. Only one shock or strut per wheel. (If strut not being used you must drill a
3/8-inch hole in it)
b. Can be mounted with any safe shock mount.
c. Mounts can be adjustable.
d. Any shock may be claimed for $100.00 Cash.
2. No aluminum body shocks, coil overs, sliders, and coil over eliminators allowed.
3. Any steel, stock/oem or aftermarket racing spring will be allowed.
a. only one spring per wheel.
SUSPENSION AND STEERING RULES
1. Front lower control arms must be oem/stock.
a. Any type of bushings may be used.
b. May change ball joint to any type.
2. Front upper control arms and mounts can be changed to any aftermarket or
homemade a-arm assembly.
3. Adjustable spring cups and jacking bolts with or without spring buckets will be allowed on all 4 corners.
a. No remote adjusters of any kind.
4. Stock/oem sway bars front and rear will be allowed.
5. Lower rear control arms may be aftermarket or homemade but must be
oem/stock length. (+ or – a ¼-inch)
a. Any type of bushing may be used.
b. Must mount in stock hole on frame and rear housing and keep angle.
c. All rear suspension mounting holes must be non-adjustable.
6. Upper rear control arms may be aftermarket or homemade and can be
a. Any type of bushing may be used.
b. Must mount in stock non-adjustable hole on frame and rear housing.
7. The steering gear box and inner tie rods ect. must be oem/stock as per car.
a. The outer tie rods and sleeves may be aftermarket or heims ect...
8. Oem/stock spindles only GM for GM, Ford for Ford, ect....
9. Steering quickeners allowed.
10. Quick-release steering wheel with a safety pad mandatory.
1. Transmission, any stock/oem automatic or standard will be allowed.
a. Any stock/oem or aftermarket steel or aluminum flywheel will be allowed.
b. Any stock/oem or aftermarket single disc clutch will be allowed.
c. No direct drive transmissions.
d. All forward and reverse gears must work.
2. Rear end housing, stock/oem only.
a. welded, locked, or steel spools allowed.
b. No ratchet type differentials or traction control devices of any kind allowed.
3. Drive shafts, must be painted white.
a. Can not be smaller the 2 inches in diameter.
b. Must have 2 steel safety hoops one in front, one in rear.
c. No aluminum, carbon, or half shafts allowed.
ROLL CAGE RULES
1. A complete six-point cage is mandatory.
a. All six mounting points must be welded to frame or a 6"x6"x3/16" plate
that must be bolted or welded to a safe and secure part of the floorboards.
b. 1.5-inch diameter and .095 wall thickness tubing will be the minimum allowed.
c. The track reserves the right to drill a test hole at anytime.
d. Cage must have 3 door bar on each side.
e. Drivers side door bars must have a minimum of 2 vertical bars tying them
together and to the frame rail.
f. The cage must have 2 cross bars one below and one above the windshield
opening. (side to side)
g. The cage must have 1 one-inch vertical bar down center of windshield area.
h. The cage must have 2 rear cross bars (side to side). The top one must be 2 inches above drivers’ head and the one in the middle should be at top door bar height.
i. The cage must have three roof bars (front to rear) one on each side and one in the middle area. These bars must clear drivers head and leave room to
extract driver thru roof.
j. The cage must have 2 rear down posts from the top rear cross bar down to the rear frame rails.
k. Any roll cage the track determines as unsafe will not be allowed to compete.
1. Any stock/oem, aftermarket, or homemade body will be allowed but should
a. It may be constructed out of .040 or thicker aluminum.
b. No fiberglass bodies.
c. Bodies must be centered over frame.
d. All glass, molding and interior components must be removed.
e. Late model style cockpits will be allowed but must be made of 20 gauge steel or .080 aluminum or thicker. sidewalls and holes must be sealed.
f. Floor boards must be made of 16-gauge steel or .120 aluminum or thicker.
(1-inch maximum diameter hole for drain)
g. Stock/oem floor boards may be used but all holes must be patched and
firewalls sealed off from drivers compartment.
h. No sharp edges or you will not be allowed to compete.
BUMPERS AND NERF BARS
1. All bumpers and bumper support bars must be securely bolted or welded to
2. All bumpers ends must be capped, turned in, and have NO SHARP EDGES.
3. No cowcatcher or severely over built bumpers will be allowed.
4. All cars must have TOW HOOKS on front and rear of car, easily accessible
by tow truck operators without removing hoods.
5. Nerf bar is optional between front and rear wheels and from rear wheel to
a. Must be no bigger than 1.5 inches in diameter.
b. Can only be one pipe.
c. Can not stick out no more than 1.5 inches’ past tire side wall.
d. All edges must be capped and turned in with no sharp edges.
ANY CAR WITH UNCAPPED OR SHARP EDGES ON NERFS AND/OR BUMPERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE
1. An Aluminum seat is mandatory, minimum .095 thick.
a. Seat must be a high back.
b. Seat must be bolted in with a minimum of six 3/8-inch diameter bolts. (4 in bottom and 2 in back)
c. Seat must be bolted to frame or roll cage.
2. Car must have a 5-point racing seat belt harness and mounted properly.
a. Harness must be bolted to frame of roll cage with at least 3/8-inch diameter bolts
3. All bars in drivers contact area must be covered with roll bar padding.
(no pipe insulation)
4. Window net is mandatory and the driver must be able to open it from the seat.
5. All pedals must be in stock location in drivers’ compartment. (no hand clutch etc.)
6. No Cable operated throttles allowed.
7. Gas pedal must have TOE LIFT LOOP.
8. Driver must be protected by a sealed front and rear firewalls and both
sidewalls made with a minimum of 20-gauge steel or .080 aluminum.
9. Cockpit floor must be made from 16-gauge steel or .120 aluminum or thicker (1-inch maximum diameter hole for drain)
10. The ignition switch must be clearly marked on/off.
11. A master kill switch is mandatory and should be placed where the driver and safety personnel can reach it. Must be clearly marked on/off.
12. A fuel shut off is mandatory and should be placed where the driver and
safety personnel can reach it. Must be clearly marked on/off
13. The battery can not be mounted in drivers’ compartment.
1. Must have 4 wheel brakes operable from drivers’ seat.
2. Stock/oem style calipers only.
3. 4-wheel disc brakes allowed
4. Dual master cylinder with balance bars and remote adjusters are allowed.
5. Right front brake shut off allowed but must be in reach of driver.
6. No aluminum rotors
1. All cars must weigh a minimum of 2500 pounds after racing with driver. No allowances for fuel or water.
a. Cars with stock/factory unibody with full floorboards and firewalls will
receive a 300-pound weight allowance.
2. All cars must have final weight displayed on car in the driver side fender/hood area.
3. All bolt on lead or added weights must be SECURELY MOUNTED, brightly painted, and have car number on it.
4. Any car losing a weight during a race will be disqualified.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. 8-inch steel wheels only, No aluminum, magnesium, or carbon wheels.
2. May be any offset.
3. Bead locks are allowed, 2 per car only.
4. 1-inch steel lug nuts mandatory with at least 1/2-inch diameter studs.
5. No snow or mud tires
6. Any tire that is less than 10 1/8-inch wide at the side wall mounted on a 8-inch rim with 10 pounds of air in it will be allowed.
7. Grooving, siping, and grinding tires is allowed.
8. All tires must be approved by track officials.
1. The center of the engines second cylinder back can not be any further back than the center line of the lower ball joints.
2. Any cast iron block with a maximum bore of 0.060 will be allowed.
3. Any non-roller cast iron head will be allowed.
4. No engine manufacturer swap. (gm for gm, ford for ford, ect..)
5. Hydraulic or solid lifter cams only. (no roller cams or roller cam followers)
6. Any oil pan will be allowed.
7. Any intake will be allowed.
8. Intake manifold must be carburetor type only. (no fuel injection)
9. Only one carburetor spacer/adapter will be allowed and can not be over
2 1/4-inches high with the 2 gaskets.
RWD Engine Claim Fee is $3600.00 CASH
(See claim rules for Details)
1. One 2-barrel carburetor only, may be oem/stock or a 4412 holley.
2. Carburetor must have choke horn but all choke hardware may be removed.
3. Carburetor must pass all no-go gauge checks.
4. No modification to pick up air from any source other than through top of carb.
5. The following changes may be made to carb.
a. Jets, power valves, air bleeds, emulsion bleeds, float, needle/seat, and pump cam.
b. You may drill idle holes in butterflies.
c. You may block off vacuum ports.
d. You may weld linkage plate to shaft.
e. You may install new shaft bushings.
f. You may tighten booster.
1. Gasoline only. Fuel cell mandatory with a maximum capacity of 16 gallons’ fuel and rollover valve Mandatory.
a. Must be securely mounted to sub frame or roll over cage in trunk area.
2. All fuel lines and fittings must be suitable for racing fuel.
3. Fuel shut off valve is mandatory and mounted in reach of the driver and safety personnel. ON/OFF must be clearly marked.
4. Mechanical block mounted stock/oem style fuel pumps ONLY.
(May use electric if block is not drilled)
1. Stock/oem style electronic ignition system only.
2. No traction control or timing altering devices allowed.
3. No digital tachometers.
4. No crank trigger ignitions or multi coil systems.
1. Any oem/stock exhaust manifold will be allowed.
2. Any aftermarket header will be allowed.
3. Mufflers are mandatory.
4. Exhaust must exit pass driver.
1. No electric water pumps.
2. No flex fans or aluminum fans.
3. Any pulleys allowed.
4. Any radiator but must remain in stock location.